Friday 30 March 2012

Unblogged Favourites, part three

Recently when I was making my Review Archive I realised that there are so many of my absolute favourite books that I've never talked about on the blog before, because I read them long before I started blogging. I still love and re-read these books and recommend them to all my friends and family. I want people to know about these books because they are amazing, and will always have a permanent place on my bookshelf and in my heart. So, for the next few weeks I'm going to feature some of these previously unblogged favourites.



His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman




My rating: 5 of 5 stars





In my opinion this is one of the best series ever written. I absolutely, completely love these books. If you were to ask me what books I wish I'd written myself, the answer would be these. They are sheer perfection. I read them years ago but they are still top of my favourites list. I can remember still reading Northern Lights at 2am despite having to get up for work at 6am- every time I tried to put the book the story would be spinning round in my head and I just HAD to know what happened next! Now this NEVER happens to me- I am a person who loves  needs her sleep! Adventurous, magical, emotional, thrilling and so clever. Just amazing.
But trust me- don't watch the movie- it's crap!

The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix




My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars






A fantasy adventure series for younger teens. This was a captivating series that had me completely hooked. A magical world that I could really believe in with fantastic characters. Loved this.


Harry Potter by JK Rowling




My rating: 5 of 5 stars















Of course this had to be on the list! These FANTASTIC books are on my list of my all-time favourite books. Aside from textbooks and required reading, these were the only books I brought with me to university, and I read them so many times I knew my favourite scenes practically by heart. Any time I needed a pick-me-up I would just grab one of these books and dive right in, and lose myself in the magical world of Hogwarts. Magical, funny, dangerous, and just the perfect story of lifelong loyalty and friendship, and the classic battle of good vs. evil.


More next week!

4 comments:

  1. His Dark Materials is a great trilogy! I love that series as well - it's so original and deep yet a rollinking adventure as well! Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little meme..and will check out the first two series you recommended..as I am a complete and utter Potter fan already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all such great books! Love the Dark materials trilogy and although I havent read them in years - I do still have Abhorsen trilogy too. They were all just to great to part with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only recently read Northern Lights. I enjoyed it, but I think it was too hyped up for me to love it as I should have done.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva