Saturday 30 June 2012

Best of the Bunch June 2012

Best of the Bunch is a meme hosted here on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favourite book of that month.
For more info and to grab the button and stickers visit the BOTB page here and then add your linky to the list below.


June 2012
This month I have reviewed on the blog...

  • Purity by Jackson Pearce My Review- 3.5 of 5 stars
  • The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa My Review- 5 of 5 stars
  • Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris My Review- 5 of 5 stars
  • City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare My Review- 5 of 5 stars
  • The Selection by Keira Cass My Review- 4 of 5 stars
  • The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross My Review- 4.5 of 5 stars
  • Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen Read-a-long- 4 of 5 stars
and the award for Best of the Bunch May 2012 goes to...


...drumroll...


... The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa!




This story kept me gripped all the way through. I love the characters, the dark dystopian setting, the depth of detail throughout, and the amazing journey that Alison finds herself on. It is an emotional adventure and a great story- I loved it, and can't wait for the next in the series. 
Read my Full Review




Goodreads
"In a future world, vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity."
Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of "them." The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked--and given the ultimate choice. Die...or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend--a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn't easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what--and who--is worth dying for.

Honourable mention has to go to Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris- 5 stars- "Exciting, powerful, and cleverly brilliant. An intense sci-fi mystery/thriller with an emotional tug". I loved it.

So, which book do you award your Best of the Bunch?
Let me know- "who gets your bananas?"






5 comments:

  1. Great choice - I adored The Immortal Rules as well!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Immortal Rules but I think CoLS would have won for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CoLS was so, so good- I just love Cassandra Clare's writing and the characters, and the world of the story... but she has won Best of the Bunch before, so I thought I needed a bit of variety :D

      Delete
  3. Ahh, yes, The Immortal Rules was awesome -- especially the second half as it had so much energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read the Immortal Rules yet. The premise sounds kind of like the movie Daybreakers. I'm off to read your review :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva