Thursday 31 October 2013

Best of the Bunch October 2013

Best of the Bunch is a book blog hop hosted here on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read over this past month and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favourite book of that month.
I always put up my post on the last day of the month, but remember, you can add your link in anytime in the following month :D
For more info and to grab the button and stickers visit the BOTB page here and then when you've written up your post, add your linky to the list below. 

October 2013

Oy... this month has been the worst month yet for me posting anything- but I SWEAR I am not giving up blogging, and will be back soon!

This month I have read-


  • The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore (Lorien Legacies, book 4)- 4 of 5 stars
  • Defiance by C.J Redwine- 4 of 5 stars
  • Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire (Disaster, book 2)- 3 of 5 stars
  • Siege by Rhiannon Frater (As the World Dies, book 3)- 4 of 5 stars
  • The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines- 3 of 5 stars
  • The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken- 4.5 of 5 stars
  • The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna- 3 of 5 stars
  • Vortex by Julie Cross- 3 of 5 stars
  • The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress- 4.5 of 5 stars


The winner of Best of the Bunch September 2013 goes to...

drumroll..


The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken!


The Darkest Minds  by Alexandra Bracken
Goodreads

When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something alarming enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government “rehabilitation camp.” She might have survived the mysterious disease that’s killed most of America’s children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control.

Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones.

When the truth comes out, Ruby barely escapes Thurmond with her life. Now she’s on the run, desperate to find the one safe haven left for kids like her—East River. She joins a group of kids who escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can’t risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents.

When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government. Ruby will be faced with a terrible choice, one that may mean giving up her only chance at a life worth living.


This book blew me away with how emotional it actually is! Its a great story too- thrilling and action-packed, but I mainly loved the bonds between the characters, and the journey they take together. Its a fabulous sci-fi/ superhero journey. A great read- recommended. 

Honourable mention goes to The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress. This book is such a fun steampunk detective novel with kick-ass girl leads. I laughed and felt for them and cheered them all on. Brilliant book. 

So I'd love to know- what was the best book you read/ reviewed this month? Link it up here! 
Already written up a monthly wrap-up post? Why not link it up here!? And don't forget to visit the other blogs to get some great new book recs. 

Just let me know- Who gets your bananas?


Thankyou so much for reading this post/ adding your link/ leaving a comment etc. Please be aware that I am away until Saturday evening so will not be able to reply/ visit back/ comment back until then. Do still leave me a message though- I love reading them and always appreciate every single one! 


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great book reading month! I see lots of 4 stars! I haven't read The Darkest Minds yet but it sounds awesome. Adding it to my TBR list now.

    My Best of the Bunch!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had some great reads this month. I really want to read The Darkest Minds - it looks amazing. My Best of the Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read The Darkest Minds, but it's been on my TBR for awhile now! Glad you liked it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Darkest Minds! Looks like you had a great month!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva